BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
A SMART INVESTMENT
Chamber Membership is an investment in your business. The Chamber offers numerous benefits and keeps business owners on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends within the community. Membership increases visibility through promotion and publicity, instills credibility, and gives you a voice in government through legislative representation. As an added benefit, research points out that consumers are more likely to do business with a company if it is a member of their local chamber of commerce. A full list of our involvement opportunities and benefits can be found in our Member Benefits Guide.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Advertising: Promote your business and events through the Chamber’s website, email campaigns (4 per calendar year), social media websites, and a company listing in the Chamber’s relocation guide. Don’t forget to drop off a company brochure that will be added to our welcome packet.
- After Hours: After Hours is a networking event held at various locations to help you connect with potential new customers for network-based conversation, regarding area commerce and economic growth. This quarterly event usually attracts an average of 25+ attendees, including members and guests. Contact us to become a host!
- Business Card Displays: All members are encouraged to display their business cards in our Chamber conference room as another way to capture new customers and recognition.
- Chamber Benefit Health Plan: A unique health plan option offered by “The Health Plan of West Virginia” in conjunction with the Wheeling Area Chamber of Commerce and affiliate members, including the Elkins-Randolph County Chamber. The plan is exclusively available to members of a participating Chamber of Commerce and is an alternative to the Affordable Care Act. Participation in the plan is governed by good underwriting. Because this plan allows for underwriting evaluations it will keep adverse groups out, thereby keeping costs consistent and allowing for more economical premiums for qualifying group participants. Members will face a minimal cost increase every year, compared to wide swings in costs associated with other plans.
- Chamber Member Badge & Plaque: 63% of consumers are more likely to buy from a Chamber member… so proudly promote your Chamber Membership! Every member will receive a member plaque to be hung at your business location, along with a Chamber badge for your website.
- Chamber Member Discounts: Chamber members receive a discount to all chamber events and programs. Increase your purchasing power through exclusive Chamber member discounts.
- Chamber Membership Management: The Chamber has several online tools that you may use to manage your membership 24/7. Check out the great features at erccc.com. Need your log-in credentials? Just let us know!
- Chamber Networking Meetings: Chamber members are invited to take advantage of our monthly Chamber networking meetings. These meetings are designed specifically for our members who want to expand their network of business contacts, generate new business leads, and learn the most effective strategies for networking.
- Collaboration: Communication is the key to solving important community and business problems. Through numerous committees, task forces, partnerships, and events, your chamber brings together leaders within our community to work on tough issues and find common ground on solutions to strengthen local businesses while enhancing our community’s quality of life. We encourage you to get involved!
- Contact Your Local Elected Officials: Weigh-in on local, state and national issues. You can contact your elected officials to let them know your opinions on pressing issues right from the Chamber’s website.
- Community Involvement Opportunities: You are encouraged to join a committee of your choice and have a direct impact upon the future of your community while promoting your business. A strong Chamber is only as strong as its members, and we welcome our members to get involved! The Chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The Chamber initiates more business-to-business opportunities for networking, and connecting local professionals that are available through most other local organizations.
- Maximizing Your Chamber Benefit – Chamber 101: Your Chamber membership can expand your personal and professional skills as well as benefit your organization in countless ways. Meet the Chamber Director, learn about membership benefits, how to set-up your Chamber profile and much more! Sessions will introduce you to all the opportunities available to you and your staff including: networking, member advocacy, workforce, education and much more! Learn how to maximize the benefits of your Chamber investment to reach new heights.
- Membership Brings Credibility to Your Business: You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of the Chamber of Commerce. Submit a Business of the Month application and be recognized!
- Networking/Educational Opportunities: Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. These events are a innovative and fun way to help members meet potential customers, generate new business leads, and gain new knowledge in an engaging educational environment. Access 75+ networking, community outreach and educational events each year. We are confident that you, or a member of your team, will find at least one that will be beneficial and convenient.
- Ribbon Cuttings: The Chamber enjoys helping members celebrate the ground breaking/grand opening of their businesses by conducting ribbon cutting ceremonies and helping members promote the good news.
- Referrals: Every day, your local Chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for other potential businesses. The Chamber loves referring your business and recommends a Chamber member first! Whether through phone inquiry, email, online, or a visit to the Chamber office, businesses, residents and visitors alike will find information about your company. Referrals through the Chamber website and online membership directory continue to grow and generate new leads for Chamber members.
- Voice: We advocate on your behalf! Gain a say in what happens through our Chamber advocacy efforts.
- Website: The Chamber website has pages of business and community information, giving you 24/7 access to help your business succeed. All members are listed in our online business directory with contact information, a link to your website with Google mapping, and directions to your business. Post your company’s employment opportunities or next event!