COMMUNITY INVESTMENT APPLICATION FAQ’S
Q: What is the Elkins-Randolph Chamber of Commerce/ What does the ERCCC Community Investment do?
A: The mission of the Elkins-Randolph County Chamber of Commerce is to support the development of business opportunities, represent the common interests of business, and preserve a quality of life for businesses, employees, and citizens that fosters the local traditions of a friendly, progressive and volunteering community. The Community Investment Program of the Elkins-Randolph Chamber of Commerce is a means by which organizations may secure financial assistance for programs and/or projects that will support the development of business opportunities.
Q: Will the Elkins-Randolph Chamber Community Investment Program fund an entire project or program?
A: Entire large projects or programs will not be funded solely by ERCCC. Organizations or individuals should individually raise a portion of the required funds and gain financial support of other organizations.
Q: What else does the Community Investment Committee consider?
A: Community Investment applications must:
• Establish a need, quality, and effectiveness of the program and/or project.
• Exhibit genuine commitment toward the program and/or project.
• Identify how the program and/or project will support the development of business opportunities of Randolph County.
• Must represent the common interest of business in Randolph County.
• Project to include goals to be achieved from funding.
• Merits of the project are reviewed by the committee with final decisions made by Board of Directors.
Q: How much money can I receive?
A: Each Community Investment application is reviewed on its own merit and the committee will determine the dollar amount awarded not to exceed $35,000.